March 1, 2009

Our Weekend At The Great Wolf Lodge!

As many of you know, I am in the middle of tax season right now! I have been working a lot more hours than usual and have been missing my family! So, I worked my tail off last week so I wouldn't have to work this weekend, and took my family to Great Wolf Lodge! We had so much fun! That place is really neat. I highly recommend it to anyone who has kids.
As I was checking into the hotel, Bryson spotted the indoor water park and was glued to the window

We quickly took our bags up to our room (which included a small log cabin inside for Bryson), changed our clothes, and headed to the water park



I think sitting on these little jet skis and shooting people with water was his favorite part of the whole weekend!

Bryson going down the "baby slide". He also went down some of the big people slides but I don't have any pictures to prove it.





After we left the water park, we ate a quick dinner then headed over to the fireplace for story time. Every night at 8:15, all of the kids gather in the front lobby by the fire to have a story read to them.


After story time we headed back up to our room. Bryson LOVED his little log cabin. I was kind of jealous, actually :) It was really neat! His cabin had bunk beds inside and a flat screen TV!


He slept on the top bunk...and only fell off once! Seriously. But, he's fine! :) He just slipped off the ladder once when climbing down from his bed.
Sweet, handsome boy :) I love seeing him happy

The next morning, we woke up, went downstairs for breakfast, then headed back to the waterpark!
This bucket dumps 1,000 gallons of water on the people below



We headed home around 3 today.
10 minutes into our car ride back home, this is what I saw:
He was worn out!
Bryson had SO much fun! It was fun to see him so excited to be there and in such a great mood. He loved the water park, his little cabin, and I think he enjoyed spending time with his parents too! :)
I'm glad I worked the extra hours this week so I could spend the weekend with my boys at the Great Wolf. It was worth it!
We will definitely go back again!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

We LOVE Great Wolf Lodge! We plan on going back before summer begins. Glad you had a great time!

Addison said...

Well, that was nice to have a little family vacation in the midst of another chaotic season. You ought to make that a tradition. That you don't feel like you're missing out on things!!! Happy for all of you!!!
Love you & that sweet boy of yours!

Amber said...

I forgot about it being tax season for you.

That place looks like a lot of fun and I love that Bryson got to have his own little sleeping area. How nice for Mom and Dad!

Krystal Cummins said...

I have been wanting to take Aidan there so bad. Bryson looks so cute shooting people with water. I bet he was talking about that for days!

Jodi said...

Glad you guys had such fun together! That place is awesome! We didn't have a cool cabin on our room though... FUN!

*Kendra* said...

I love all the pictures! I bet that place is a blast!